Since the Drop Out Orchestra began in 2008, the project has grown from one man and a sampler to a studio team consisting of a music teacher, a studio engineer and a music tech writer. What has remained constant is the mystery regarding their true identity with no names or pictures, ensuring the focus remains on their music.
To date, the troupe have had some seriously big releases, including their Daft Punk cover “International Track”, (Released as Drop Out City Rockers, crowned “Essential Tune of the Week” on Pete Tong’s BBC Radio 1 show and charted at #1 by Fatboy Slim!) their single ‘Baby Come Home’ and their impeccable remixes of acts like Paul Weller, Flight Facilities, Mario Basanov and Ilija Rudman.
We've been a big fan of them at Data Transmission for a while now, so we are more than happy to get them on the podcast this week
01. Clark and Pudell - Zashu (Satin Jackets Remix)
02. The Right Now - Call Girl (Dicky Trisco remix)
03. The Manuel Portio - Shacka Lackin feat Jayne Anne Power (Casio Social Club Back To 85 Remix)
04. Drop Out Orchestra - Red Beans
05. Black Strobe - The Girl From The Bayou
06. Portecho - Two Shots (Drop Out Orchestra Remix)
07. Lindstrom and Todd Terje - Lanzarote (diskJokke Remix)
08. Tonbe - Malibu
09. The Elriks - I Am Who I Am (Fabrizio Mammarella Remix)
10. Stefano Lotti and Luca Fabiani - Hungry Horses
11. Romanthony - Let Me Show You Love (Gerd's Crooklyn Full Vox Mix)
DATA TRANSMISSION RECOMMENDS
SBTRKT, Annie Mac, Eats Everything, Jamie XX & 90...